Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 6, 2013

Mandela v. Mediclinic Heart Hospital

Nelson Mandela, 94, has been in Pretoria's Mediclinic Heart Hospital, since June 8.  But, earlier this week, his frail health took a turn for the worse.  (Wall Street Journal)




It is unclear exactly what treatment recommendation the hospital is making to the Mandela family.  But it seems that a plan for "comfort measures only" will not be accepted.  His eldest daughter Makaziwe Mandelane spoke out to say he is "at peace" and "only God knows the end".  



She explained:  "In our culture, the Tembu culture, that I know, the African culture that I know you never release the person unless the person has told you please my children, my family release me. . . .  My dad hasn’t said that to us. So these people who want to talk about, you know, release him, he hasn’t said we should release him and we haven’t come to the end yet. It is only God who knows the end."  (UK Sun)


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét