Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 2, 2014

UCLA Health Ethics Center


Thank you to the UCLA Health Ethics Center (and to the ethics committee) for a great visit.  I hope that it was as valuable for them as it was for me.  



I spend much of my year crafting and editing one law review or medical journal article after another.  I am well aware of the law and the academic literature.  Plus, I review, consider, and respond to counterarguments.  



But it is extremely valuable (and humbling) to walk outside the doors of the law school or philosophy department and actually "test" proposed solutions in the real world.



The photo above that I pulled from a campus newspaper article profiling the center is dated.  Pictured in the photo, left to right, are: 


Neil Wenger, MD, MPH - Director, Ethics Center; Professor of Medicine and Health Services Research


Kevin Dirksen, M.Div., M.Sc.- Clinical Ethicist  


James A. Hynds, LL.B., PhD - Senior Clinical Ethicist; Visiting Assistant Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine  


Katherine Brown-Saltzman, RN, MA - Co-Director, Ethics Center; Assistant Clinical Professor, UCLA School of Nursing  

The Center now also has a Clinical Ethics Fellow, Tyler Gibb, J.D, Ph.D, and an Administrative Assistant, Mona Mazraani, B.S.


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét