Thứ Sáu, 6 tháng 12, 2013

Medical Futility Law & Ethics: Where Are We Now?

On Tuesday, I am presenting Quarterly Ethics Grand Rounds for HealthPartners and Regions Hospital in Minnesota.  The title is "Medical Futility Law & Ethics: Where Are We Now?"  



Just a few weeks ago, ethics committee leaders from more than ten area hospitals gathered to compare their futility policies.  In Tuesday's presentation I will expand on the formal remarks that I made at that event.



At the late November event, I felt compelled to sound the caution bell regarding the amount of legal protection afforded by following a "community standard of care" evidenced by nearly uniform futility policies.  On Tuesday, I will make arguments that are more encouraging and supportive to clinicians.    


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét